This morning Medway Times received an information from Grain resident Jack Hope about a possible incident in the Grain LNG site: link to the article.
Gain LNG has confirmed that the incident did occur and their official statement says:
"There was a small fire on the Grain LNG site at around 2pm on Wednesday 11 April 2012. It was related to demolition work on site and not to natural gas production, which continued as usual.
The fire was automatically detected and so the site siren sounded. Our standard procedures for siren activations involve contacting the fire brigade, evacuating the site, having a roll-call of staff and investigating the situation. We put out the fire and the fire brigade attended and confirmed everything was safe.
There were no off-site implications and we are carrying out an investigation into what caused the fire."
As we can see this was just a small incident, please write your comments and tell us about your concerns.
Are you a local Medway resident? Contact Medway Times and we will be heard.
Didn't find what you are looking for?
Let Us be Friends
By PDDAD payday loans
Latest 40 Articles (sorted by date)
- Free school for Medway gets the go-ahead
- New Road residents go full frontal
- Dougie Dunlop|Dave Ward and Jonny Kats head to Rochester Comedy Club
- Sea of pink shows women care about cancer
- Heritage Lottery Fund support to develop a Huguenot Heritage Centre in Rochester
- Chance to win an overnight safari experience
- Medway’s ‘Visions’ set for the big screen
- Medway gets new Mayor
- Tories Reschedule Cabinet to Coincide with 100 days since OFSTED's 'inadequate' rating.
- Get set for Medway’s Festival of Sport
- Payday Loan Advert Banned
- Exhibition sets outs vision for Rochester Airport
- EXCLUSIVE: interview with Medway's singing hopeful
- Garden event inspires green fingers
- Sun shines on Sweeps festival
- Double Medway victory in BBC's the voice
- Medway Love Music Hate Racism 2013 Line Up Announced
- Parents in Medway urged to protect children against measles
- Memories and journeys inspire printed textile exhibition
- New kitchen and bathrooms for tenants thanks to council investment
- Anti-social behaviour is still a problem in Medway
- Tenant board members wanted
- Birthday celebrations go horribly wrong
- England handed home nation World Cup draw
- Gillingham Anchorians Hockey Club – annual dinner and dance report plus award winners (20 April)
- BBC Radio Kent’s gardening expert Andy Garland is returning as guest judge for the 2013 Garden Competition
- PACT - a simple step to save lives
- ROCHESTER BRIDGE LANE CLOSURES - 23 APRIL
- Grant agreed for ground-breaking house fire research
- Medway's school crossing patrols celebrate 60 years of the service
- Gills secure league title
- More food fears - Now its GM
- Medway Council to provide more than a thousand extra nursery school places
- New dementia care service to start at Rainham care home
- Big investment for Medway Busses
- Strike two for post office
- Three great acts to perform at Billabong Comedy Club
- Fire crews focus on electrical safety after fire
- Boris’s Maggie Airport tribute
- Gills fail to win the title